Saturday, April 13, 2013

Encaustic Paint and Art Journaling

As you may recall, I am completely obsessed with art journals. I read Art Journal Workshop by Traci Bunkers, and I have begun following Tammy Garcia's posts at Daisy Yellow. In my newly started journal,  I have been combining traditional journaling techniques like collage, acrylics, stamping, and so forth with encaustic paint.

A more traditional art journal page featuring slightly funky photos, of our dog Daisy, acrylics, vintage ephemera photos, and collage techniques. 

Traditional collage techniques lightly covered with encaustic paints.
I have also became fascinated with encaustic painting and how I can break the rules of using a firm surface in favor of wax on paper. You can see some brief YouTube clips of me testing out encaustic paints on different papers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment