Friday, October 12, 2012

Vintage Coin Purse Necklace

As part of the Alchemy of Objects Workshop with Deryn Mentock, I was hard at work this past week on a necklace. This necklace focused on proportion as well as transferring an image to leather. 
A flower transfer decorates the front of a vintage coin purse
I paired vintage beads with red, lampwork beads, ending with a vintage clasp and coordinating dangle.This piece is surprisingly comfortable when worn, despite the bulky focal. 


Here is a close up of a brass book I created. I used "messy" soldering on purpose and thought the floral stamping would pick up on the flower transfer. I also used photocopied antique book passages inside the tiny book. 



I am still going to add a good luck charm of some sort inside the purse. I was also thinking of donating this piece to a fundraising auction at my son's school. 

1 comment: