Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Design Table Tuesday

On my design table today is resin. Lately, this clear liquid of the craft gods has been calling my name. I especially like the way you can layer with it. I am still trying to figure out the best way to use good quality, “chunky” glitter, which I have seen in books and magazines and like. Yet, when I use it, I cannot get it to look professional enough. Instead, it looks sort of like I just got out of preschool.


Speaking of resin, I just received a copy of Jen Cushman’s award-winning book, Explore, Create, Resinate. I am so looking forward to reading this! Look for my review soon. I have also been eating up podcasts from both Rice Freeman-Zachary’s Notes from the Voodoo Lounge, and Art and Soul Radio. I have found these to be very interesting and inspiring to listen to,

And, be sure and check out Deryn Mentock’s generous tuition giveaway for her Build Zone workshop. It is posted on the Create Mixed Media website. Hmmm- only one week and four days until the workshop begins! Do I seem excited?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see your chunky glitter in resin. I'm sure you will figure it out! And, then please tell me your secrets:)

    ReplyDelete