Monday, March 21, 2011

Trash to Treasure

I finished my Tribal Treasures workshop DVD and really thought it was excellent. My skills improved greatly from the DVD version since I could see what Miller was doing and not rely on only pictures in a book. I am now moving on to her Ethnic Style DVD. After that, I may want to enroll in a class held at one of the local beading stores here.  

I am waiting on a few specific beads to arrive before I begin work on the bracelet I have been simmering on the back burner. In the meantime, I am debating entering a Trash to Treasure beading contest.  On the one hand, my grandmother bracelet could easily fit the category since I am using a lot of vintage findings. But, I think I would like to create a different project for it.



I have a lot of second hand/vintage findings so deciding which to use may be hard. Also, the idea of entering a contest freaks me out a bit since I am a beginner, but it won't be to win as much as to challenge myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment