Monday, March 7, 2011

Milagros

Being Episcopalian, I am deeply attracted to liturgical worship. The more ritual I do, the closer I feel to God. For example, though not required of Episcopal worship, I do say the Rosary, sometimes practice novenas (nine day cycles of prayer), and love creative expressions of religious faith.

When I came across these incredible milagros charms I could not resist them. Milagros are prayer charms often used as a votive offering. The tradition is most common in Latin American countries as well as Spain. The charms are shaped to represent different prayer requests- for example, a heart can be used for a multitude of prayers; a new marriage, the hope for love, or increased heart health. 

I will definitely be using them somehow in my jewelry making, though I am not certain how yet. How would you use them?



No comments:

Post a Comment